EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

Welcome to the Pass It On Center Emergency Management Blog! This venue serves as a place to discuss, share, explore and provide resources for the AT Reuse Community and Emergency Management. Feel free to join our current discussion, create a new topic, post a comment or just hang out and learn something new.

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Safety, My Responsibility, My Plan - serving those with Cognitive disAbilities

My Safety, My Responsibility, My Plan
http://www.wihd.org/EmergencyPreparedness/index.


My Safety, My Responsibility, My Plan is an emergency preparedness program aimed at helping individuals with intellectual disabilities to become more independent in their homes. Knowing what to do in an emergency fosters self-determination. Individuals learn about different types of emergency situations and how to be prepared.  My Safety, My Responsibility, My Plan uses a step-by-step approach to creating a Personal Emergency Plan. The program includes a full curriculum, a trainer’s manual, and an exciting new web version with 8 informative and interactive videos. A supplemental Family Guide on Emergency Preparedness provides steps for individuals with disabilities living with their families to create a Family Emergency Plan together. The project was developed at the Westchester Institute for Human Development, Valhalla, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment